So I was telling you that I did a lot of baking and I posted the Lemon Curd Tarts recipe here…Today, let’s see how you can make the best jam tarts ever!! You can use any flavor of jam…I used a lovely Strawberry jam with real fruit pieces and cute little strawberry seeds 🙂 My nephew loved these tarts!!
STRAWBERRY JAM TARTS
Ingredients (makes 12)
Refined Flour (maida) 115 grams
Butter 60 grams
Baking Powder 1/4th teaspoon
Cold Water to mix
Sugar(optional) 5 grams
Jam(any flavor) 55 grams
How to Make the Jam Tarts
- Sift flour and baking powder( there should be no lumps).
- Rub in the butter lightly with your fingertips until it looks like breadcrumbs (don’t knead like chapathi dough).
- Add sugar if you want and mix thoroughly.
- Mix with cold water to form a soft dough.
- Roll out on a floured slab or cutting board(don’t roll it out too much-should be thicker than a chapathi) and cut as required. ( I use a small katori (bowl) to cut out a round shape from the rolled dough.)
- Line 12 muffin tins or patty tins with the rolled out shapes.
- Fill each cup 2/3rds with the jam. Distribute jam evenly in the cups.
- Bake in a hot oven at 205 degrees C (400 degrees F) for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When baked ( it should look lighter and will be solid not squishy) remove from patty tins and place on a plate to cool completely. You can pop them in the fridge for about half an hour and they’ll taste even better.
Notes: This recipe is similar to the lemon curd tarts just that you bake these tarts with the jam filling in them 🙂 The recipe was taken from The Thangam Philip Book of Baking.