Are you tired of making the same thing over and over again (even though it’s in different colors each time!)? Have you been feeling blah recently and just too bored to make anything? Jump start your creativity and bring a pop of interest to your creative business -how you ask? Find a class that you like and take it!
Lots of cities have hobby centers and these are the perfect places to find an art and craft class or workshop to attend. Culture and heritage centers like Dakshinachitra often have workshops on weekends that you can attend. Spend a few minutes “Googling” for your perfect match in hobby classes.
Benefits of Taking a Class
- Learn something totally new to you, re-learn something you knew long ago or you can improve on what you already know.
- Safely experiment with new tools or techniques under the guidance of your Craft instructor.
- You don’t need to restrict yourself to face-to-face classes – lots of great craft coaches offer online lessons/email lessons that will help you improve your creative business.
- Get to meet great people with similar interests and network with them offline too.
- Get encouragement for your creations and ideas.
- Improve your products with the skills you’ve learned newly or take your existing business to a whole new level.
- Keep your shop always fresh with new products (you’ll also get a break from creating things in one fixed way and you’ll get more avenues to explore).
- I never know when a technique or idea I’ve picked up in some class long ago will show up in my crafts. Always good to attend classes and build up an idea powerhouse!
- You may not take up what you learnt as a full-time profession but then again you just might!
Are you in Chennai? Then why don’t you kick your boredom to the curb by registering for any of the classes offered at the Kalpataru Hobby Centre.
P.S: I’m going to be teaching basic jewelry making classes there in July. Read this post for more details!